In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton Regis like this:
BARTON-REGIS, a hundred in Gloucester. It adjoins Bristol, includes Clifton and other parishes, and measures 6 miles by 4. Acres, 6,976. Pop., 19,853. Houses, 3,838.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Barton Regis has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bristol. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Barton Regis and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton Regis, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barton Regis".