In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sheen like this:
SHEEN (East), a hamlet and a chapelry in Mortlake parish, Surrey. The hamlet lies near Mortlake r. station, ½ a mile S of the Thames, and 2 E by N of Richmond; and has a post-office under London S W. The chapelrywas constituted in 1864; but the statistics have not been separately returned. There are numerous fine villas, most of them with very beautiful grounds; and much of the area is shaded and beautified with magnificent oaks, chestnuts, and cedars. The living is annexed to Mortlake. The church was built in 1863, at a cost of £4, 600; and is in the decorated English style.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sheen has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Richmond upon Thames. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sheen and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sheen, in Richmond upon Thames and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sheen".