Place:


Hayscastle  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hayscastle like this:

HAYS-CASTLE, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on West Cleddau river, 5½ miles NW of Clarbeston Road r. station, and 6½ N of Haverfordwest. It contains the villages of Brimstone and Ford; and its post-town is Wolfs-Castle, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 4,462. Real property, £1,866. Pop., 297. Houses, 62. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Brawdy, in the diocese of St. Davids. The church is tolerable.

Hayscastle through time

Hayscastle is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hayscastle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hayscastle in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1968

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hayscastle ".