In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Putford like this:
PUTFORD (East), a parish in Bideford district, Devon: on the river Torridge, 9 miles S W of Bideford r.station. Post-town, Torrington, North Devon. Acres, 2, 380. Real property, £1,034. Pop., 190. Houses, 34. The property is divided chiefly among three. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Buckland-Brewer, in the diocese of Exeter. The church isold but good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Putford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Torridge. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Putford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Putford, in Torridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Putford".