In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marden like this:
MARDEN, a village, a township, and a parish in the district and county of Hereford. The village stands on the river Lug, adjacent to the Hereford and Shrewsbury railway, 1½ mile N of Moreton r. station, and 5 N by E of Hereford; and has a post office under Hereford.-The township contains also the village of Wistaston, and comprises 3,671 acres. ...
Pop., 899. Houses, 194.The parish includes likewise the township of Amberley, and comprises 4,048 acres. Real property, £7,833. Pop., 929. Houses, 201. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to T. Evans, Esq. Marden Court and Wistaston Court are chief residences. Sutton Walls was the site of the camp of Caractacus, and afterwards of the palace of King Offa; and commands an extensive and beautiful view. Grove hill is noted for commanding a still more extensive view, comprising portions of seven counties. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £247. * Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is ancient; was restored in 1859; consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and porches, with pinnacled tower and spire; and contains a fine brass to Lady Chute. A chapel is at Wistaston, and has a recent memorial window to W.Gwinnett, Esq. Another chapel is in Amberley, was long in ruin, and was recently restored. There are an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £10. A well, formerly held in superstitions repute, is within the parish church, adjacent to the spot where the body of King Ethelbert was buried; and is fabled to have sprung up on the removal of the body to Hereford cathedral.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marden in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marden ".