In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Madron like this:
Madron, town, par., and township, Cornwall - par. (containing town of Penzance), 5926 ac., pop. 15,146; township, 5589 ac., pop. 2647; town, 1½ mile NW. of Penzance, 5440 ac., pop. 2737; P.O.; 1 mile N. of town is Madron Well, with remains of ancient baptistery.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Madron has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Penwith. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Madron and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Madron, in Penwith and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Madron".