In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sennen like this:
SENNEN, a village and a parish in Penzance district, Cornwall. The village stands 387 feet above sea-level, 1 mile E of Lands-End, and 9 S W of Penzance r. station; and has an inn, called the First and Last inn in England. The parish includes Lands-End and the light-house off it; and comprises 2, 230 acres of land, and 70 of water. Post-town, Penzance. Real property, £2, 887. Pop., 613. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. Salt-works were here at Domesday, but have been discontinued. Small harbours are at S. cove and Whitsand bay; and fishing is largely carried on. Roman coins were found in 1807. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £230. Patron, the Prince of.wales. The church is ancient but good. There are chapels for Baptists, Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Bible Christians, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sennen has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Penwith. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sennen and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sennen, in Penwith and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sennen".