In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Budeaux like this:
BUDEAUX, or Budock (St.), a village and a parish in Plympton-St. Mary district, Devon. The village stands on the Hamoaze estuary, near the Albert bridge and the Saltash station of the Cornwall railway, 4 miles NW of Plymouth. The parish includes also Heniecknowle, and King's-Tamerton, and part of Knacker's-Knowle and Whitleigh; and its post town is Saltash, Cornwall. ...
Acres, 3,317. Real property, £6,174. Pop., 1,376. Houses, 229. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged anciently to the Budocksheds; and an ivy-covered tower of the old manor house remains. Nearly 100 acres of rich land are a recent reclamation from the bed of the estuary. Lead and copper ores are mined. A powder magazine was constructed in 1857 at Bull Point. The church and churchyard were strongly fortified, in the civil wars, by the royalists, and stormed and taken by the parliamentarians. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Knacker's-Knowle, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £120.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Andrew, Plymouth. The church is a neat edifice of 1569; was the marriage place of Sir Francis Drake; and contains monuments of the Budocksheds and the Georges. There are chapels for Episcopalians and Wesleyans, and an endowed school with £86.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Budeaux, in Plymouth and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Budeaux ".