Place:


Baughurst  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baughurst like this:

BAUGHURST, a village and a parish in Kingsclere district, Hants. The village stands near the Roman Port way to Silchester, 5½ miles S of Aldermaston r. station, and 7 NNW of Basingstoke; and has a post office under Basingstoke. The parish includes also the tythings of Ham and Inhurst. Acres, 1,675. ...


Real property, £1,210. Pop., 563. Houses, 98. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £188.* Patron, the bishop of Winchester. The church is a recent erection of brick and stone, with a lofty spire. There are two dissenting chapels.

Baughurst through time

Baughurst is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baughurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baughurst, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1739

Date accessed: 16th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baughurst ".