Place:


Farringdon  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farringdon like this:

FARINGDON, a village and a parish in Alton district, Hants. The village stands 2½ miles S of Alton r. station; and has a post office under Alton. The parish comprises 2, 297 acres. Real property, £2, 770. Pop., 535. Houses, 120. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £476.* Patron, Rev. T. H. Massey. The church is small; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Farringdon through time

Farringdon is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farringdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farringdon in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1721

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farringdon ".