In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Babergh like this:
BABERGH, a hundred in the SW of Suffolk. It adjoins Essex, includes Sudbury, and contains thirty parishes and parts of two others. Acres, 73,428. Pop. in 1851, 24,401; in 1861, 24,198. Houses, 5,430.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Babergh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Babergh. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Babergh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Babergh in Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Babergh".