In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marsham like this:
MARSHAM, a village and a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk. The village stands near the river Bure, 2 miles S of Aylsham, and 11 N of Norwich r. station; has a post office under Norwich; and gives the title of Viscount to Earl Romney. The parish comprises 1,819 acres. Real property, £2,314. Pop., 622. Houses, 148. The property is subdivided. Bolwick Hall is the seat of J. H. Warnes, Esq. The ancestors of Earl Romney resided in the parish in the 12th century. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £281. Patrons, MissC. Blake and the Rev. E. T. Yates. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and contains an ancient screen, a carved fout, and monuments of the Norrises and others. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and charities £18.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Marsham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Broadland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Marsham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marsham, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marsham".