In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Pitsligo like this:
Pitsligo, New, town, Tyrie par., and quoad sacra par., partly also in Aberdour, New Deer, and Strichen pars., N. Aberdeenshire - quoad sacra par., pop. 2964; town, 4 miles W. of Strichen ry. sta. and 11 miles SW. of Fraserburgh, pop. 2056; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; has mfrs. of bobbin-lace, and in the neighbourhood are extensive granite quarries.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pitsligo has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aberdeenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pitsligo and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pitsligo in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pitsligo".