In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horsey like this:
HORSEY-NEXT-THE-SEA, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; on the coast, near the North river, 10¾ miles NNW of Yarmouth r. station. Post town, West Somerton, under Yarmouth. Acres, 1,830; of which 122 are water. Real property, £1, 652. Pop., 206. Houses, 24. The property is all in one estate; belonged to Sir G. B. Brograve and others; and was purchased from them by Robert Rising, Esq. The land then was mainly marsh; but it was drained and wonderfully improved by Mr. Rising. Horsey Mere is a lake of about 113 acres. The quondam parish of Little Waxham, whose church and village were swept away by the sea, is adjacent. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £135. Patron, R. Rising, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and has a thatched roof and a tower round below and octagonal above. There is a fuel allotment.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Horsey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Horsey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horsey in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Horsey".