In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described St Ninians like this:
St Ninians (or St Ringans), town and par., Stirlingshire, on river Forth - par., partly within the parl. burgh of Stirling, 38,012 ac., pop. 10,423; town, 1 mile S. of Stirling and within the parl. burgh, pop. 1647; P.O., T.O.; has mfrs. of woollens, nails, and screw-bolts, and there are large tanworks. The town is close to the battlefield of Bannockburn.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Ninians, in Stirling and Stirlingshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Ninians ".