In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Daviot like this:
Daviot, hamlet with church and school, Daviot and Dunlichty par., in co. and 6½ miles SE. of Inverness; P.O.; 1 mile NE., on river Nairn, is Daviot House; adjacent are the remains of Daviot Castle (15th century), a stronghold of the Earls of Crawford; in vicinity of church is Dun-Daviot, a hill used in old times as a signal station.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Daviot has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Highland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Daviot and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Daviot, in Highland and Inverness Shire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Daviot".