In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Auchindoir like this:
Auchindoir and Kearn, a united par., W. Aberdeenshire, 8 miles SW. of Gartly sta., containing Lumsden P.O. vil., 15,310 ac., pop. 1514.
The location is where the name "Auchindoir" appears on the modern 1:50,000 map, near to St. Mary's church.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Auchindoir has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aberdeenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Auchindoir and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Auchindoir in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Auchindoir".