In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Dalserf like this:
Dalserf, par. and vil., Lanarkshire, on river Clyde, 1 mile E. of Ayr Road sta. and 7 miles SE. of Hamilton, 6956 ac., pop. 9378; contains the greater part of town of Larkhall; coal is mined and sandstone is quarried; the vil. was formerly a place of some importance, but now consists of only a few cottages; in the par. is D. Ho.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dalserf has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Lanarkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dalserf and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dalserf in South Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dalserf".