In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ruan Minor like this:
RUAN-MINOR, a parish, with a village, in Helston district, Cornwall; on the coast, 3½ miles N N E of the Lizard, and 13¼ S by W of Penryn r. station. It has a post-office under Helston. Acres, 658. Real property, £728. Pop., 260. Houses, 62. The property belonged to the Carminows; passed to the Robinsons and others; and belongs now toHawkins, Esq. Building-stone and serpentine are worked. The living is a rectory, annexed to Grade, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is ancient but good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Association Methodists, and an endowed school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ruan Minor has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kerrier. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ruan Minor and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ruan Minor, in Kerrier and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ruan Minor".