In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shudy Camps like this:
SHUDYCAMPS, a parish, with a village, in Linton district, Cambridge; 3½ miles WSW of Haverhill r. station. Post town, Linton, under Cambridge. Acres, 2,332. Real property, £3,090. Pop., 351. Houses, 73. S. Park is the seat of the Rev. T. Dayrell. The living is vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £146.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is of the 11th century. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shudy Camps has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Cambridgeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shudy Camps and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shudy Camps in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shudy Camps".