In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolstone like this:
WOOLSTONE (Great and Little), two parishes in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; 3½ miles N of Bletchley r. station. They have a postal letter-box under Bletchley Station. Acres, 760 and 613. Real property, £832 and £934. Pop., 71 and 125. Houses, 17 and 27. The property of Great W. is divided between two; and that of Little W. between three. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £269.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church of Great W. was rebuilt in 1839; and that of Little W. was restored in 1869. There are a national school, and charities £50.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woolstone has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Milton Keynes. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woolstone and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolstone, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woolstone".