In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wingrave like this:
WINGRAVE, a parish, with W. village and Rowsham hamlet, in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 2 miles NNW of Marston-Gate r. station, and 5½ NE of Aylesbury. It has a post-office under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,600. Real property, £4,145. Pop., 863. Houses, 173. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £120.* Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church is early and later English. There are two dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £30.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wingrave has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wingrave and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wingrave, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wingrave".