In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marsh Gibbon like this:
MARSH-GIBBON, a village and a parish in the district and county of Buckingham. The village stands near the Oxford and Bletchley railway, 1 mile E of the boundary with Oxfordshire, 2½ N of Akeman-street, 2 E of Launton r. station, and 4½ E by N of Bicester; and has a post office under Bicester. The parish comprises 2,752 acres. Real property, £4,824. Pop. in 1851, 944; in 1861,858. Houses, 203. The property is subdivided. The manor and much of the land belong to Ewelme Almshouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £456.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church is ancient, and has a tower; and the chancel was recently repaired. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £45.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Marsh Gibbon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Marsh Gibbon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marsh Gibbon, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marsh Gibbon".