In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Over Peover like this:
PEOVER (Over), a chapelry in Rostherne parish, Cheshire; on the river Peover. 2½ miles W S W of Chelford r. station, and 3½ S S E of Knutsford. It comprisesthe townships of Peover Superior, Marthall, and Snelson; and it has a post-office under Knutsford. Acres, 5,088. Real property, £9,055. Pop., 942. Houses, 178. The property is subdivided. The manor of Peover Superior, with Peover Hall, belongs to Sir H. Mainwaring, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £180.* Patron, Sir H. Mainwaring, Bart. The church consists of nave, chancel, and two side chapels, with a tower; was mainly rebuilt in 1811; and containsmonuments of the Mainwarings. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a free school, and charities £85.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Over Peover has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Macclesfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Over Peover and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Over Peover, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Over Peover".