In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Foscott like this:
FOXCOTT, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; near the Buckingham canal, 2 miles NE of Buckingham town and r. station. Post town, Buckingham. Acres, 714. Real property, £1, 243. Pop., 96. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £195. Patron, Lawrence Hall, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Foscott has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Foscott and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Foscott, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Foscott".