In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Akeley like this:
AKELEY-CUM-STOCKHOLT, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; 3½ miles N by E of Buckingham r. station. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 1,080. Real property, £1,924. Pop., 366. Houses, 81. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £255. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Methodist chapel. Charities, 7 allotment acres.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Akeley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Akeley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Akeley, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Akeley".