In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Gennys like this:
GENNYS (St.), a parish in Stratton district, Cornwall; on the coast of the Bristol channel, 10 miles NNE of Camelford, and 15 NW of Launceston r. station. Post town, Boscastle, Cornwall. Acres, 5, 516; of which 30 are water. Real property, £2, 501. Pop., 572. Houses, 122. The property is much subdivided. The surface is diversified with pleasant vale and bold hills. The rocks include slate and copper ore. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £146.* Patron, the Earl of St. Germans. The church is ancient, but good; and there are a U. Free Methodist chapel, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Gennys has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Cornwall. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Gennys and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Gennys in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Gennys".