In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bayvil like this:
BAYVILL, a parish in the district of Cardigan and county of Pembroke; on the river Nevern, 3½ miles ENE of Newport, and 6½ SW of Cardigan r. station. Post Town, Newport, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1,344. Real property, £1,195. Pop., 118. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Moylgrove, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £224. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bayvil has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bayvil and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bayvil in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 17th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bayvil".