In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willerby like this:
WILLERBY, a township and a parish in the district of Scarborough and E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 1½ mile ENE of Ganton r. station, and 6½ SSW of Scarborough. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £2,324. Pop., 71. Houses, 9. The parish includes Staxton and Binnington townships, and comprises 4,180 acres. Post town, Scarborough. Pop., 468. Houses, 83. The manor belongs to Lord Londesborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £170.* Patron, the Rev. E. Day. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Willerby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ryedale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Willerby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willerby, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Willerby".