In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welwick like this:
WELWICK, a parish, with two hamlets, in Patrington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast, 2 miles ESE of Patrington r. station. Post town, Patrington, under Hull. Acres, 6,674; of which 3,426 are water. Real property, £6,130. Pop., 472. Houses, 93. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £104. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is decorated English. There are two Methodist chapels.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Welwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Welwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welwick, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Welwick".