In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warmsworth like this:
WARMSWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Doncaster district, W. R. Yorkshire; 1 mile ESE of Sprotborough r. station, and 2½ SW of Doncaster. It has a post-office under Doncaster. Acres, with Carr-House and Elm-Field extra-parochial tracts, 1,042. Real property, £3,336; of which £850 are in quarries. Pop., 361. Houses, 80. The manor belongs to W. B. Wrightson, Esq.; and W. Hall is the residence of R. H. Wrightson, Esq. The quarries of Levett-Hagg Cliff have a vertical height of 75 feet. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £178.* Patron, W. B. Wrightson, Esq. The church is modern. There are a Quakers' chapel, a national school, and charities £5. The poet Fawkes was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Warmsworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Doncaster. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Warmsworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warmsworth, in Doncaster and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Warmsworth".