Place:


Stainburn  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stainburn like this:

STAINBURN, a township-chapelry, with two hamlets, in Kirkby-Overblow parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near Weeton r. station, and 4 miles NE by E of Otley. Post town, Otley. Acres, 2,910. Real property, £2,605. Pop., 243. Houses, 41. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £66. Patron, the Rector of Kirkby-Overblow. There is a parochial school.

Stainburn through time

Stainburn is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stainburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stainburn, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14264

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stainburn ".