In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sinderby like this:
SINDERBY, a township in Pickhill parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Northallerton railway, 6 miles WSW of Thirsk. It has a r. station, and a Wesleyan chapel. Acres, 542. Real property, £1,249. Pop., 126. Houses, 24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sinderby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hambleton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sinderby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sinderby, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sinderby".