In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seaton like this:
SEATON and WASSAND, a township in Siggles-thorne parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles W S W of Hornsea. Acres, 1, 736. Real property, £3, 204. Pop., 443. Houses, 95. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Seaton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Seaton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seaton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Seaton".