In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sand Hutton like this:
HUTTON (SAND), a township chapelry in Thirsk parish, N. R. Yorkshire; near the river Swale and the Northeastern railway, 2 miles W by N of Thirsk Junction r. station, and 3¼ W of Thirsk. Post town, Thirsk. Acres, 1,335. Real property, £2,148. Pop., 297. Houses, 62. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £115. Patron, the Archbishop of York.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sand Hutton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hambleton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sand Hutton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sand Hutton, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sand Hutton".