Place:


Yarburgh  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yarburgh like this:

YARBOROUGH, or Yarburgh, a parish, with a village, in Louth district, Lincoln; 4¼ miles NNE of Louth r. station. Post town, Louth. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £2,151. Pop., 279. Houses, 55. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300.* Patron, G. J. Yarburgh, Esq. The church was restored in 1855. There are three Methodist chapels and a parochial school.

Yarburgh through time

Yarburgh is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yarburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yarburgh, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14108

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yarburgh ".