In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wrawby like this:
WRAWBY, a township and a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln. The township lies 1½ mile NE of Brigg r. station; and contains W. village and Brigg work house . Real property, £5,258. Pop. in 1851, 931; in 1861, 1,257,-of whom 143 were in the workhouse . Houses, 257.The parish includes Brigg township, which has a head post-office. Acres, 5,070. Pop. in 1851, 3,132; in 1861, 2,961. Houses, 616. The manor belongs to V. D. H. Cary-Elves, Esq. The living is a vicarage, with Brigg chapelry, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £240.* Patron, Clare College, Cambridge. There are-besides the places of worship and the schools in Brigg-Independent and Wesleyan chapels and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wrawby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wrawby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wrawby in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 14th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wrawby".