In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wragby like this:
WRAGBY, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Horncastle district, Lincolnshire. The village stands 6 miles EN E of Langworth r. station, and 11 ENE of Lincoln; is a polling place; and has a head post-office,‡ a hotel, a weekly market on Thursday, and fairs on 1 May and 28 and 29 Sept.The parish comprises 1,594 acres. Real property, £2,850. Pop., 619. Houses, 98. The manor belongs to Turnor, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Panton, in the diocese of Lincoln. ...
Value, £627.* Patron,Turnor, Esq. The church was built in 1838, at a cost of £3,500. The chancel of the old church still stands, and is used as a mortuary chapel. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £30 a year, and an alms-house-hospital for twelve widows, with £100.The sub-district contains 18 parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 31,004. Pop., 4,537. Houses, 856.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wragby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wragby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wragby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wragby".