In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolsthorpe like this:
WOOLSTHORPE, a parish, with a village, in Grantham district, Lincoln; 3½ miles SSW of Sedgebrook r. station, and 5½ WSW of Grantham. It has a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 2,600. Real property, £3,388. Pop., 615. Houses, 118. The manor belongs to the Duke of Rutland . The limits include part of the grounds of the Duke's seat of Belvoir Castle. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £191.* Patron, the Duke of Rutland. The old church is in ruins; and the new one was built in 1846. There is a free school for girls.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woolsthorpe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woolsthorpe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolsthorpe, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woolsthorpe".