In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilsthorpe like this:
WILSTHORPE, a township-chapelry in Greatford parish, Lincoln; 3¼ miles ENE of Essendine r. station, and 6 NE of Stamford. Post town, Stamford. Acres, 710. Real property, £1,496. Pop., 61. Houses, 13. The living is annexed to Greatford. The church is good.
Wilsthorpe is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilsthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilsthorpe, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wilsthorpe ".