In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wickenby like this:
WICKENBY, a parish, with a r. station and two hamlets, in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Lincoln and Hull railway, 5¼ miles SSW of Market-Rasen. Post town, Wragby. Acres, 1,997. Real property, £2,983. Pop., 288. Houses, 56. The manor belongs to Mrs. Gillyatt. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron, the Rev.Nevile. The church is old.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wickenby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wickenby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wickenby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wickenby".