In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waltham like this:
WALTHAM, a parish, with a village, in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 3½ miles S by W of Great Grimsby. It has a post-office under Grimsby, a r. station, and a temperance hall. Acres, 2,350. Real property, £3,828. Pop., 856. Houses, 190. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron, the Chapter of Southwell. The church was partially restored in 1867. There are two Methodist chapels. A national school was built in 1868.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Waltham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North East Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Waltham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waltham in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Waltham".