Place:


Waithe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waithe like this:

WAITH, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 1½ mile NNW of North Thoresby r. station, and 6 S by E of Great Grimsby. Post town, Grimsby. Acres, 780. Real property, £1,071. Pop., 43. Houses, 7. The manor belongs to G. H. Haigh, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £86. Patron, G. H. Haigh, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1860.

Waithe through time

Waithe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waithe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waithe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14046

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waithe ".