In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ulceby By Alford like this:
ULCEBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 2½ miles SW of Alford r. station. Post town, Alford. Acres, 2,220. Real property, £1,622. Pop., 212. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to Capt. Mansell. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £650.* Patron, the Rev. W. A. Peacock. The church is good.
Ulceby By Alford is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ulceby By Alford itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ulceby by Alford, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ulceby By Alford ".