In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Woodyates like this:
WOODYATES (East), a hamlet in Pentridge parish, Dorset; 4¼ miles NNE of Cranborne. Pop., 93.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Woodyates has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Woodyates and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Woodyates in East Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Woodyates".