In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tallington like this:
TALLINGTON, a parish in Stamford district, Lincoln; on the river Welland and the Great Northern railway, 4 miles E by N of Stamford. It has a post-office under Stafford, and a r. station with telegraph. Acres, 690. Real property, £3,296. Pop., 239. Houses, 58. The manor belongs to the Earl of Lindsey. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200.* Patron, the Earl of Lindsey. The church is old. There are a free school, and charities £93.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tallington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tallington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tallington, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tallington".