In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swinderby like this:
SWINDERBY, a parish, with a village, in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the Nottingham and Lincoln railway, 6¼ miles NE by N of Newark. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Newark. Acres, 1,640. Real property, £3,622. Pop., 572. Houses, 125. The property os subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £260.* Patron, the Rev. W. J. Clarke. The church is old but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £30.
Swinderby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swinderby itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swinderby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swinderby ".