In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stinsford like this:
STINSFORD, a parish, with three hamlets, in Dorchester district, Dorset; 1½ mile ENE of Dorchester r. station. Post town, Dorchester. Acres, 1,999. Rated property, £2,225. Pop., 357. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. S. House and Kingston House are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £190.* Patron, the Earl of Ilchester. The church is good. Charities, £12.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stinsford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stinsford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stinsford in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stinsford".