Place:


Patrick Brompton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Patrick Brompton like this:

BROMPTON-PATRICK, a township and a parish in Leyburn district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on an affluent of the river Swale, near the Northallerton and Leyburn railway, 4 miles NW by W of Bedale. Acres, 1,280. Real property, £2,341. Pop., 205. Houses, 43. The parish contains also the townships of Newton-le-Willows, Hunton, and Arrathorne; the first of which has a station on the railway, and the second a post office under Catterick. ...


Acres, 5,757. Real property, £10,035. Pop., 1,216. Houses, 266. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Hunton, in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of Ripon. The church is good; and there are charities £27.

Patrick Brompton through time

Patrick Brompton is now part of Richmondshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmondshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Patrick Brompton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Patrick Brompton, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13890

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Patrick Brompton ".