Place:


Little Ouseburn  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Ouseburn like this:

OUSEBURN (Little), a village, a township, and a parish in Great Ouseburn district, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands ¾ of a mile S of Great Ouseburn village, and 3¼ N by W of Cattal r. station; and has a post-office under York. The township comprises 820 acres. Real property, £1, 840. ...


Pop., 281. Houses, 61. The parish contains also the townships of Kirkby-Hall, Thorpe-Underwoods, and Widdington. Acres, 4,066. Real property, £6, 812. Pop., 543. Houses, 97. Kirkby Hall is the seat of H. S. Thompson, Esq.; Moat Hall, of the Misses Thompson. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £250.* Patron, the Bishop of Ripon. The church is later English, in tolerable condition; and it consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Little Ouseburn through time

Little Ouseburn is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Ouseburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Ouseburn, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13867

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Ouseburn ".